Translate

The life of Poetry


"Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future." 

Poetry is a way of taking life by the throat.

I write poetry in order to live more fully.

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
 

Poetry is the breath and finer spirit of all knowledge.

Poetry is not a profession, it is a destiny.

The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say.

If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.

A writer never has a vacation. For a writer life consists of either writing or thinking about writing.

I'm not a very good writer, but I'm an excellent rewriter.

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

If the doctor told me I had six minutes to live, I'd type a little faster.